Sunday, February 14, 2010

Los Lonely Boys - Gitar Extraordinaire!

Oh my, but those boys can play. Listen to me, boys.

Texican Rock & Roll is how they refer to their style. I call it sublime. If you have a pulse, you will stand in your seat and dance. Dance with abandon, with your heart and soul.

The three brothers Henry, Jojo and Ringo play guitar, bass and drums, respectively.

What they played was a broad spectrum of the classic, The Beatles - 'She Came In Through The Bathroom Window' to the iconic, Santana's 'Evil Ways'. And then there are their own tunes.
'Senorita' a wonderful Valentines message...
Or 'More Than Love.'
A snappy bass, very tasty drums and guitar to die for. Not unlike Cream.
It is evident that Henry is very comfortable with his on stage skin.

The Grove of Anaheim was the venue. And as I've mentioned, I like it. Being in close proximity doesn't hurt.
The audience was mostly couples but I did spy a complete  family or three. Little niƱos tagging along. Most of the crowd sang along softly or danced. More than one couple took to the aisle amid calls from their friends.

It felt like days of old; had I brought my guitar, I would have asked to join in. It was akin to a huge jam session with many friends just hanging around to enjoy the sounds.They were very intimate and very personable.

Do go see them. I promise you a wonderful evening of rousing music


And while I am here.
I am writing a tune called 'Hole In The Clouds.'
It's meant for lyrics but I am stuck with only one verse and no chorus as of yet.
But here is a snippet of the work up with a guitar placeholder.
The only thing I am not playing are the drums and the piano. I am responsible for the guitars(2)  and bass.
Hole In The Clouds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.