Sunday, November 25, 2012

I've Touched My Soul...It's a Bit Like Jello

I learned my own self worth years ago. Most of us find this early, but we refuse to believe.
Music is part and parcel my life.
And I am pretty damned good at it. It is a question of sheer numbers that keeps me on the periphery. Since I am a student of statistics, I wallow in the numbers far too often.

But it led me to reexamine my "purpose."
I have none...other than sharing. That is the sole reason for my being here.
My love of the shared thought, giggle, or dislike means everything to me. It was my assumptions about other musicians and what they "had" to understand, that demonstrated how different and varied we really are.

So when two or more people can connect on some level, literature, weather, music, woodworking, whatever; it is a touching of the souls. Nothing less.

The soul is not a weather vane nor a moral compass, my conscience has that duty. No, my soul is the shared thought, word or deed.

A friend and I were talking about what does one do when the loss of that precise sense - vision, hearing affects your very soul. Some whither and die when their perceived worth is removed from them.
Others find another way to complete their purpose.

I am here to share. If I lose my sight, I can carry on. If I lose my hearing; the challenge would be greater, but my ability to share would still be intact. I would be whole.

This week is when we in the United States give thanks for what gives us hope and meaning. I guess, for once, I used the time for reflection and reevaluation...as we were meant to do. Only took fifty some odd years to find that truth.

No comments: