Saturday, January 19, 2013

The World Sucks And I'm Doin' Fine

Sandy Hook "truthers", the NRA, RWNJs...it's been a weird 2013 so far.
No money, nor prospects.
No gig this week. Although I can jam if I like.

And I am smiling like the Cheshire cat.Did he know something or was he just sharing the hookah with the caterpillar?

What am I doing being satisfied, content, no...much further than that - HAPPY?

I saw Barnaby Bright playing at the Hotel Cafe on Wednesday - the lovely duos name taken from the olde English for the Summer Solstice. Two very engaging singers, lovers, souls entwined  It wasn't any amazing raw talent, but that they shared something and we, the audience got to share it with them; if for only an hour. A passion and devotion, to each other & to music, to living.



I have the passions. And I have an avenue for sharing my soul, my passions...in little snatches and grabs - windows - opportunities to live. And I swim in it, revel in it, use every inch of it that I can.
Recall, I am selfish and proud of it.
Be Selfish
Better put, I understand how we have to nurture within before we can share with others.

So as the year begins, I am "not in a good place,"  as far as money and employment. But I've played three gigs, seen a good show, read a good book, what more should I ask for?

Swerve

I don't do aesthetics. I don't care what a guitar looks like if I can make music with it.
"Beautiful wood/grain," is just not in my vocabulary.

So I bought a Squire Strat.
An almost ugly, gaudy thing. Graham.
The reason I picked this one and not the Daphne blue one was...the neck on the Daphne was pale...aesthetics. (Amrack: phase in, reboot sequence - he likes the way the neck looks?)*
One thing led to another.
A gold neck plate, a gold output jack plate, a gold string tree, a gold bridge plate & gold saddles.
Gold tuners are expensive, or I'd be thinking about that as well.
Hendrix, my idol was a foppish dresser as was many of that time and place. Oh no...here I go. 




*Thank you, Robin Williams.

No comments: