Thursday, January 21, 2010

Customer Service

When was the last time you received a thank you note for a purchase you made?
A hand written note thanking you for you patronage.
I spent $100, it's not as though I singlehandedly revived the local economy. And yet Styles Music of Pomona thought enough to take the time and thank me.

I adore good service. Customer Support is worth its' weight in gold.

So the next band I join will be sending thank you cards to attendees of shows. It's the very least we can do for the people that support us.

New Music:
James Maddock is the new Van Morrison. I absolutely love his music. He speaks of things we all feel in such a way as to elicit strong reactions. I can't stop singing his songs.

Anouar Brahem's new album, 'The Amazing Eyes of Rita' is evocative of early Weather Report. There is something in his tonal palette that causes my mind to be still.

Corinne Bailey Rae's is 'The Sea.' The death of her husband threw her into a well of darkness that transformed her writing. She went from pop Diva to exposing her pain in a coarse, hard and honest way. The sound is light and fluffy, the words are not. Listen to 'Paris Nights, New York Mornings,' and see what I mean.

01/23/2010 Went back to Styles Music today to pickup a stompbox. When I got it home, I found one of the four switches to be inoperable. The unit takes a special power supply, which I have but was missing from the unit in the store - thus my hefty discount.  So I packed the power supply and the stompbox up and went back to Styles.I expected some demonstration of the defect would be in order in order to satisfy all parties of the veracity of my claim
Lou, the proprietor say, "You don't like it? Refund whatever you want, man."
"Lou, it's broken, I believe."
"Okay," he replies and proceeds to depress the switch in question a few times.
"Seems to be intermittent, sometimes it feels as though it's engaging, and other times...".
So I swapped the faulty pedal for another pedal altogether. I really didn't want to replace the faulty one anyway...I needed the other pedal more. Lou plays with the register and all is made right with the world.
That is the type of service that garners customer loyalty of the greatest order.
Have I mentioned that I absolutely despise Guitar Center?

No comments: