Sunday, November 22, 2009

LD3

Lionel Dozier III.

Wakes have their own music.
A different rhythm.
Some move in a loping gait.
Others trot.
But they do not have the normal feel that other parties have. There is more reflection.
We tend to look at what we have versus what we want.
Some get motivated by this dynamic.
Most people, I am sorry to say, think they will always have tomorrow to fix/adjust whatever inadequacies they harbor or face.

Have a Manhattan.
Shave your eyebrows.
Be the sweetest, most kind, well educated, articulate man and you'd be Lionel.

What madness took him, I can't say.
But I fear he kept far too much of himself hidden away.
Fear for one reason or another kept him hidden from view.
Hidden from the very people that cared for him.
We loved you, pal.

You too, Gizmo.

I need to get off my ass.

No comments: