Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pirate Radio

Critics blow.

They pontificate and tell us what a movie lacks or doesn't and because they have a passion for films they know better than we do.
Our likes or dislikes.

Pirate Radio was a blast!
Phillip Seymour Hoffman was, for the first time that I am aware of (meaning I never liked him, he more often than not played such dark people and he did it well), a character I felt such sympathy for...he was...me?
But then so was Carl, or Simon - the movie should have been titled "The Three Faces of e."
And then the rest of the cast?
By the end of the movie you had been drawn into the little family of kooks and misfits that had drawn together by the love of music.

As they express their own love for one another, you silently lifted your glass in toast, "Rock & Roll."

Go see this!

Off to see The Kink - Since Ray Davies is not getting along with Dave, can I rightly refer to this as "going to see The Kinks?"
I think not.
But it should be a great show in any case.

No comments: