Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Stars Influence Upon My Work

http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/horoscopes/horoscopes-by-holiday.html

If you asked me five or more years ago if I thought the position of the stars in any way could be interpreted or read I would have summarily laughed you out of bounds.
It was not open for discussion.
It was just one of those truths.
And besides, my crazy brother and sister in-law were rabid adherents.

Then one day, someone introduced my eyes to Ms Mathis.
Yeah, more often than not her pronouncements are very generic and vague, incredibly similar to the many Astrologers out there.
However, Holiday has a funny knack of really hitting solid home runs...she's batting in the 400s easily.
And the amount of specifics is uncanny at times.

I read her column everyday.

In other ways the stars have had a very direct influence. I was very much an avid amateur astronomer as a kid.
I had a few telescopes and spent many days tracking the sun, the moon, various stars and nebula.
Orion and I had a special relationship.
He told me when Winter had arrived to N.J
For some reason I also felt a clarity of thought while he was prominent in the sky. Maybe it was just the humid Summers had dulled my wit and the cold, crisp air lifted the veil?

Usually the most productive seasons are Spring and Fall. The transition awakens something that had lain dormant.
More tunes or lyrics tend to flow from me during these times.
Which brings me to this.

Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom
In English, "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring"
A wonderful look at the passage of time, the troubles all people face within the life we occupy and the cycle of Hope and Renewal that follows Decline and Death.
If you have a chance to see it, do so.

G'night

No comments: