Monday, November 2, 2009

We'll Go From Madness Up...I Hope

I hear music in my head. White noise can be a symphony.
A yawn can be a beautiful passage.
It is both blessing and curse - obviously.
I have no true peace.
I also feel everything emotionally.
I can be moved by the simplest things.

Does music move you? Can the lyrics make you cry?
I recently saw the Fab Faux (go see them, if you've not) and was moved many times during the show.
Didn't help that I knew three of the band members from high school days.
Nor the subject matter - The Beatles.
It was a great show.

Music is a mistress. And like any demanding person, Music can both elate and depress.
There are rules to follow. Some make little sense other than to confound and confuse.
Others are intuitive and need no explanation.
 ----------------
I believe I've reached madness,
I think I've crossed the line.
I know I'm suffering heartbreak,
For the very first time.
-----------------

My lyric writing, as you can see...leaves much to be desired. My degree and most of my passion is in composition. But I am a would be poet. So I scribble here and there for no ones pleasure but mine.
I have henceforth decided to share it with anyone interested.
What the hell, no cares and I'll be exactly where I sit now.

If you haven't guessed, this is a 'blue' period for me. I am crying constantly.
I am a schmuck with a message.
Enjoy.
e
---------

There are times inside my heart,
When the way is cold and dark.
There are days when I just laugh in joy at the rain.

Deep inside my heart there is sunshine and smiles,
Inside my heart is my muse and all her charming wiles.
There is mirth and sadness I am torn betwixt the two.
My heart gets filled with gladness and for that it's all worth while.

Inside my heart...there is a smile.

No comments: