Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unfair - I Call Foul

Little Child - The Beatles

Little child, little child,
Little child, won't you dance with me?
I'm so sad and lonely,
Baby take a chance with me.

If you want someone
To make you feel so fine,
Then we'll have some fun
When you're mine, all mine,
So come, come on, come on.

Little child, little child,
Little child, won't you dance with me?
I'm so sad and lonely,
Baby take a chance with me.

When you're by my side,
You're the only one,
Don't run and hide,
Just come on, come on,
So come on, come on, come on.

John, Paul, George and Ringo could be as emo ( to use the vernacular) as they wished and yet were never labeled as such. There was a coolness that detached them from the pain they sung about.
If anyone today talks about how, "sad and lonely," they are, they are labeled.

Youth today is far more open in many respects.
They can talk to one another openly about their masturbation preferences - to do so in my day would have been anathema. We kept mum about such "private" things.
But the same dilemma between man and woman exists. No magical solution has been found.
So has the subject matter of emotions has been taken off the table? The answer is a qualified, "yes and no."



Even music is tainted by this new sensibility.
I love John Mayer...Amos Lee...Richard Hawley.
It seems I love "chick music."

One must be strong enough to admit they like music that is deemed effeminate.

I'm calling foul.
I am very much a man, but I cried when Old Yella was shot and I called after Shane as well.
Doesn't make me a weak.
Just aware of my feelings.

Screw the rest of the world, my feelings do not deserve to be suborned to the 'sensibilities' of the rest of the world. I have been paddling against the current for too long to stop now.

It takes a strong man to cry.

http://www.philippinenews.com/article.php?id=3495
"In the survey of 2,000 people, very few had seen their father cry, compared to twice as many today. Seventy five percent of men polled considered crying in public acceptable. Ron Bracey, clinical psychologist concurred with the survey results."

With one hand God gives and with the other...She changes the rules of the game.
Play safe, ladies.

No comments: