Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Timing is More Than Everything

Prior to the 1992 Rodney King Riots in Los Angeles, I was playing "House Burning Down," for a week straight.
For those unaware, "House Burning Down," was Jimis' tribute/rebuke of the 1967 Watts Riots.

For some reason (can you blame me?) I felt in some very small way responsible.

In 1962 just prior to the NYC Blackout I was at my grandparents apartment in Queens, flipping through the channels on the television. When the room went dark, my Grandfather yelled at me for blowing "the fuse."

Today, there is a brush fire, not ten miles from my house.
Want to hazard a guess as to what I have been playing recently?
"Hot Fun," Stanley Clarke.

God/Mother Nature has one heckuva sense of humor.

Next on my playlist will be "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "A Good Feeling to Know," and "She'd Rather Be With Me."
Let's see how this works out.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Watch out for magical thinking ...

e said...

<3
Hope or as some point out, delusion, springs eternal.