Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cyrcadian Rhythm

On a workday I awaken everyday at 7 am. I cannot sleep past that. I work from home and I could easily sleep an extra hour anytime I wish and still get my work completed.
On a weekend I can sleep in?

These same rhythms seem to pervade my entire musical being.
I begin to write a song and depending on the time of day when I begin, I may not be able to lay it down and go to bed. Or if I do manage to fall asleep, I awaken early with the song bouncing about my head. I guess this is a form of OCD (not the pedal). I cannot allow it to lay unfinished.

Other aspects of my life I can plain ignore.
But if I feel a sense of responsibility I cannot allow it to sit unattended.

I wonder what causes this sense of responsibility in things I care little for?
Work?
And then why the same feeling when I DO care...Id Est - a song I am writing?

The songs created under these conditions are not my best. Feeling responsible is not conducive to creativity, I guess.

No comments: