Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Kids Are Alright

I recently put an ad in the local CraigsList looking for a new band - Guitarist Available.

If you're not familiar, CL has become something of a pirates cove - scammers, links to other dubious websites or offers to buy your jewelry are the usual fare of replies I receive.

However one was from two kids that live nearby. Just to be a mensch I answered their inquiry.
Two sixteen year olds answer an ad referencing Beatles, Weather Report, et cetera?
I also mentioned (I always do) that I studied with Al DiMeola, "way back when."

They could have surmised my approximate age and yet they continued to correspond.
They even sent me a questionnaire to asses my commitment to music.

In my last missive I said, "I am old enough to be your grandfather."
Let's see if they write again!

Music does have a way of bridging time and space.

Update: Here is the reply - "Really? My Grandfather is in his mid to late 60s
  But it's cool."


The Kids Are Alright.

No comments: