Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How High The Moon?

Does the Moon have an effect upon creativity?
Does your sign matter?

Rhythms in life as anything else in this life have ebb and flow to them.
My spurts of creative juice seem to occur during the same times of the year.
Although the duration has been increasing for each creative stretch.

I wonder if eventually I will be creative 24/7?

Some of the distilled product is worthy, some is not. But the sheer volume seems to pick up at certain times of the year.

I think that men and women are both influenced by cycles and outside forces such as tides, the Moon.
Women are not the only ones to have monthly cycles. Perhaps the male counterpart is 21 days...who knows?, but we follow similar basic patterns.

Women suffer from menopause and men have midlife crises.
Same shit, different day.
Different symptoms but it is the body shifting gears about midway through life.
Child bearing and rearing are no longer needed.
The skills and life lessons gleaned by the previous generation need to be handed down.

We shift from hunters to scholars.
Perhaps that's why my art seems to refine and yet at the same time widen with age.
I can do more and do it better than when I was younger.

I can touch the Moon.

No comments: