Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Flights of Fancy

Most of the wanderings my mind embarks upon are not sorted or strange.
Every now and then, however, my thoughts take flight and scare the bejeesus out of me.

I revolve about something that my mind has latched on to and will not let it go.
Why do I get fiercely jealous?
I am rarely envious, people can have what they wish.
I don't care when it comes to possessions.
But feelings of amour, and rational people lose their minds.

And I take it to another level by an order of magnitude.
I wonder why that is?
Why are my passions a thousand times as intense as most of my fellow man?
Why is it that I fall for those whose passions equal or better mine?
Like two stars colliding in slow motion.

The current fashion for mens' behavior is typified by the colloquialism, 'bros before hos.'
Men don't cry over women, today. Or they won't admit to it.
So what is it about those like me that we are more than ready to show the world we love someone?

Keep on flying...

No comments: